During Lunch M-F, C104 w/classmates, peer tutors
After School M-TH., 2:30-3:30, A202 w/peer tutors
+ individual teachers offer before/after school options
- Any student who has taken part in Community Service of any type this school year, please submit a description of the service, along with your full name, to Mrs. Lacy in the main office. We will begin posting students’ pictures and their community service involvement on the board across from the health office. You can also e-mail the description and your name to Dr. Ginkins at email@example.com . We look forward to filling the board!
- Seniors…. A representative from the University of Louisville will be in the senior loft today.
- New Albany Boys Soccer Team will be selling Krispy Kreme DONUTS in the front foyer on Thursday morning starting at 7:00am ($6.00 dozen or $1.00 for two). We want everyone to get HYPED as we take on Floyd Central that night. JV play at 5:30 and Varsity play at 7:00pm. Come out and support the DOGS as they beat the KILT CREW. We will also be selling CHILI Thursday night during the game. Come support your favorite BULLDOG!
- New Albany High School is planning to have a bowling team this year. A meeting for anyone interested in being a member of the NAHS Bowling Club should plan to attend a meeting after school on Wednesday in the Auxiliary Gym.
- REMINDER FOR THOSE IN MENTOR MII PROGRAM: Make sure you are on time for school this Thursday. We will leave for the field trip by 7:50am. If you are late, you will not be able to attend the field trip.
- See attachment for Scholarship information.
- Any student that is serious about the medical field will want to consider this opportunity. There is an attachment above. Come see Mr. Campbell in the counseling office BY FRIDAY to be nominated.
- Paint Purdue Pink is scheduled for Friday, September 29, 2017, from 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. This free event is geared towards high school age girls who want to explore careers in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics). There will be opportunities to network and get advice from successful female professionals working in STEAM and leadership related fields. They’ll get to speak with staff and faculty from Purdue Polytechnic New Albany and learn how we are full STEAM ahead. A light breakfast and lunch will be provided.
Pre-registration is required, please see attached for the registration form. The registration deadline is Monday, September 25 and is limited to the first 100 registrants.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NAHS Fall Break Canned Food Drive has started! All NAHS students and staff are encouraged to bring canned goods and non-perishable items to their first period classes. The last day for the drive is MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25! We want to fill 50 bags/boxes with food for NAHS students and their families to make sure they have food during the two week break. Acceptable items are canned goods, boxed cereals and snacks, peanut butter- pretty much anything a typical family would like to eat that does not have to be refrigerated, and that is not in a glass jar. The first period class with the most donations will get breakfast right before we leave for Fall Break.
- If your family lives in Floyd County, and your household income falls within the guidelines
on the attached document, call to make your appointment to find out if you are eligible for
Christmas food and gifts, and possibly a Thanksgiving food basket. Call Hope October 2-20,
2017, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM Monday-Friday to make an appointment to enroll: 812-948-9248
- Apply for a 2018 Prudential Spirit of Community Award and you could win $1,000 and a trip to Washington, D.C., in late April! Application deadline is November 7, 2017. See the attachment for details.
- The NAHS PTO needs YOU! We are looking for volunteers to help work our Harvest Homecoming booth (Oct. 11-15). We will need help setting up and tearing down, as well. Please email Michelle Baker at email@example.com or text 812-786-2724 (please include your name in texts!) for more information, or to volunteer!
- The next NAHS PTO meeting is on Tuesday, September 19 at 6:00 in room B-204!
- Please join the PTO!! There are so many benefits for all. The membership form is in the attachments.
- Help support our NAHS PTO by enrolling in Kroger Rewards! Every time you shop, we earn money! Enrollment will work the same way as the past. You can sign up on www.kroger.com or call 1-800-KROGERS, option 3. Be sure to choose NEW ALBANY PTO!
- Girls Varsity Golf versus Silver Creek @ Valley View 4:00 PM Home
- Boys JV/Varsity Tennis versus Madison 5:00 PM Home
- Boys JV/Varsity Soccer versus Providence 5:30 PM Away
- Girls 9th/JV/Varsity Volleyball versus Jeffersonville 6:00 PM Home
Fans, remember to know and demonstrate the fundamentals of sportsmanship at all events. Stimulate desired crowd response using only positive cheers, signs and praise without antagonizing or demeaning opponents (http://www.ihsaa.org/MembershipServices/Sportsmanship.aspx).