During Lunch M-F, C104 w/classmates, peer tutors
After School M-TH., 2:30-3:30, A202 w/peer tutors
+ individual teachers offer before/after school options
- Any student who has taken part in Community Service of any type this school year, please submit a description of the service, along with your full name, to Mrs. Lacy in the main office. We will begin posting students’ pictures and their community service involvement on the board across from the health office. You can also e-mail the description and your name to Dr. Ginkins at email@example.com . We look forward to filling the board!
- ATTENTION PARENTS AND STUDENTS:
-If you had a low account balance alert set-up in MyPaymentsPlus last year for your lunch account, those were reset at the start of the school year. You need to log in and reset the system to alert you for low balances. You also need to stay informed of your balance at all times.
-If you have been informed that you no longer have money in your account, please do not go through the line. Instead, see your counselor or Mrs. Maynard in the main office for lunch plans. Or, you can visit the BFC for a lunch loan.
-Financial assistance is available for textbook rental and classroom fees, as well as meals (breakfast and lunch). Apply online at www.nafcs.k12.in.us. Under the Parent tab, choose Free/Reduced Meal & Textbook Aid Application.
-Talk to your counselor with any questions regarding meals!
- Seniors.. A representative from the U.S. Navy will be in the senior loft during lunch today.
- See attachment for Scholarship information.
- Any student that is serious about the medical field will want to consider this opportunity. There is an attachment above. Come see Mr. Campbell in the counseling office BY FRIDAY to be nominated
- NAHS Fall Break Canned Food Drive starts TODAY! All NAHS students and staff are encouraged to bring canned goods and non-perishable items to their first period classes starting. MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 11 and ending on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25! We want to fill 50 bags/boxes with food for NAHS students and their families to make sure they have food during the two week break. Acceptable items are canned goods, boxed cereals and snacks, peanut butter- pretty much anything a typical family would like to eat that does not have to be refrigerated, and that is not in a glass jar. The first period class with the most donations will get breakfast right before we leave for Fall Break.
- If your family lives in Floyd County, and your household income falls within the guidelines
on the attached document, call to make your appointment to find out if you are eligible for
Christmas food and gifts, and possibly a Thanksgiving food basket. Call Hope October 2-20,
2017, 9:00 AM-3:00 PM Monday-Friday to make an appointment to enroll: 812-948-9248
- Apply for a 2018 Prudential Spirit of Community Award and you could win $1,000 and a trip to Washington, D.C., in late April! Application deadline is November 7, 2017. See the attachment for details.
- The NAHS PTO needs YOU! We are looking for volunteers to help work our Harvest Homecoming booth (Oct. 11-15). We will need help setting up and tearing down, as well. Please email Michelle Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or text 812-786-2724 (please include your name in texts!) for more information, or to volunteer!
- The next NAHS PTO meeting is on Tuesday, September 19 at 6:00 in room B-204!
- Please join the PTO!! There are so many benefits for all. The membership form is in the attachments.
- Help support our NAHS PTO by enrolling in Kroger Rewards! Every time you shop, we earn money! Enrollment will work the same way as the past. You can sign up on www.kroger.com or call 1-800-KROGERS, option 3. Be sure to choose NEW ALBANY PTO!
- New Albany had a great and winning day at the Bedford Invitational. Everyone contributed and the Bulldogs have improved to a 10-5 season and will host Jeffersonville on Tuesday, September 12th at 6:00 PM.
- Girls Varsity Golf versus Corydon Central/PHS @ Old Capital 4:30 PM Away
- Girls Varsity Soccer versus Salem 6:00 PM Away
Fans, remember to know and demonstrate the fundamentals of sportsmanship at all events. Stimulate desired crowd response using only positive cheers, signs and praise without antagonizing or demeaning opponents (http://www.ihsaa.org/MembershipServices/Sportsmanship.aspx).