During Lunch M-F, C104 w/classmates, peer tutors
After School M-TH., 2:30-3:30, A202 w/peer tutors
+ individual teachers offer before/after school options
- Any student who has taken part in Community Service of any type this school year, please submit a description of the service, along with your full name, to Mrs. Lacy in the main office. We will begin posting students’ pictures and their community service involvement on the board across from the health office. You can also e-mail the description and your name to Dr. Ginkins at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We look forward to filling the board!
- Students, you can nominate one teacher per month for Teacher of the Month via the following link. You have to be signed into your school e-mail account to access the link. There will also be hard copies of the form in the main office.
- A representative from the U.S. Navy will be in the senior loft during lunch today.
- Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline-help you with your math and science questions, FREE service with tutors available Sundays – Thursdays, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm (ET). Call a tutor at 877-Ask-Rose (877-275-7673) or chat with a tutor at AskRose.org or e-mail by visiting AskRose.org at any time and they will respond during operating hours.
- Attached is a flyer announcing a volunteer opportunity for students coming up on Sunday, February 18th, for assisting with the Gilda’s Club Louisville race.
- New Albany Bowling club goes to sectionals today for individual match play which they are taking top 5 girls and top 10 boys. Whoever wins those places will go to regionals and today we will be at Blackiston Bowl at 4:00 pm.
Do you love to read? Would you like to be a part of the English Academic Team? This year’s theme is World War I. Join us for an informational meeting! All grade levels are welcome! Come on Tuesday, January 16th to Mrs. Ponder’s room C312 at 2:30 PM. See flyer for more information.
- Students interested in joining the NAHS Computer Programming Team need to attend a short meeting after school on Thursday, January 11. See Kristin Scott in B117 with any questions.
- New Scholarship information from Mrs. McGuirk in the announcements.
- The Floyd County Redevelopment Commission would like to make you aware of a high school entrepreneur pitch competition taking place throughout Indiana: Ball State University, in conjunction with the Indiana Economic Development Corporation (IEDC) is hosting a one-of-a-kind pitch competition open to all high school students in the state of Indiana. This competition will serve high school innovators who have an idea for a business, product, service, technology component, or other venture that helps identify Indiana as THE place to start and grow a business or other venture that helps drive the state forward and sustain economic success. https://innovatewithin.org/competition-details Also, the Floyd County Redevelopment Commission would be willing to provide some guidance and feedback to any student or group as they prepare a proposal for the event. Any interested student/student group can contact Don Lopp Director of Operations and County Planning Pine View Government Center (812) 948.4110. Deadline to apply is 2/5/18.
- The Duke Energy Academy at Purdue University is an immersive program for high-achieving high school juniors and seniors (as of fall, 2018), and secondary science teachers. During the week-long course on STEM-related energy topics, participants will be provided with resources and incentives to inspire both students and teachers in sustainable energy solutions. The program is free to all participants. The application deadline is 1/16/18. CLICK HERE TO ACCESS ONLINE APPLICATION
NAHS EVENTS/ADDITIONAL INFO:
- The bank, BFC, will be closed tomorrow and will reopen Thursday. Thank you for your business.
- We will start collecting money for our Coins for a Cure (formerly known as Pennies for Patients) in February. Start setting your coins, dollars, donations aside to help find a cure for Leukemia/Lymphoma.
- Teachers Got Talent is coming! Mark your calendar: Tuesday, January 23rd, 7PM in the auditorium. Join us for the 4th Annual Teachers Got Talent! It’s always a good time, and all proceeds benefit the NAHS Scholarship Fund!
- Indiana’s 38 electric cooperatives are accepting applications from high school students for the Indiana Electric Cooperative Page Day program. The Electric Cooperative Page Days are held in Indianapolis at the Indiana Statehouse. Page Day is an interactive, educational experience that allows students the opportunity to learn about the daily activities that take place in the Statehouse during the legislative session. All applicants must be high school students and have adequate transportation to and from the Statehouse. The application deadline is Jan. 22 (for Wednesday, Jan. 31) or Jan. 29 (for Wednesday, Feb. 1). See attachments.
- Did you know: NAHS has a clothing closet stocked with clothes, shoes, socks, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc.? Also, if your family is in need of food we can provide a box of non-perishable items to your family. If you or someone you know needs food, clothes, or personal hygiene products please see Mrs. Nolan or your counselor.
- New Albany-Floyd County School District’s 23rd Annual Martin Luther King Dinner is scheduled for this evening from 6:00 – 8:00 PM. Please come and celebrate with us. Tickets are $15 for adults and our students are free. See the attached flyer for information and how to order tickets.
- The Prosser Open House will be Thursday, January 18, 2018 from 5:30-7:30pm. Attached is the information for the event.
- Tickets for the Boys Basketball game this Friday at Madison will be on sale Wednesday night
6:00-7:00 pm Main Gym Door #9 Vincennes Street entrance. Tickets are $5.00.
- Anyone interested in playing football next year; Football night in New Albany resumes tonight from 5:30-7:00 pm at the Silver Street indoor facility.
- Our next PTO meeting will be on Tuesday, January 16 at 6:00 p.m. at the Griffin Rec Center. This will be an especially important meeting for anyone who wants to be a part of our After Prom! E-Mail email@example.com for more information!
- Please join the PTO!! There are so many benefits for all. https://donorbox.org/nahs-pto-membership
- Help support our NAHS PTO by enrolling in Kroger Rewards! Every time you shop, we earn money! Enrollment will work the same way as the past. You can sign up on www.kroger.com or call 1-800-
KROGERS, option 3. Be sure to choose NEW ALBANY PTO!
- Girls JV/Varsity Basketball versus Salem 6:00/7:30 PM Away
- Boys Swimming versus Trinity 6:00 PM Home
Fans, remember to know and demonstrate the fundamentals of sportsmanship at all events. Stimulate desired crowd response using only positive cheers, signs and praise without antagonizing or demeaning opponents (http://www.ihsaa.org/MembershipServices/Sportsmanship.aspx).