During Lunch M-F, C104 w/classmates, peer tutors
After School M-TH., 2:30-3:30, A202 w/peer tutors
+ individual teachers offer before/after school options
- Any student who has taken part in Community Service of any type this school year, please submit a description of the service, along with your full name, to Mrs. Lacy in the main office. We will begin posting students’ pictures and their community service involvement on the board across from the health office. You can also e-mail the description and your name to Dr. Ginkins at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We look forward to filling the board!
- The Purdue University 4th Annual Online High School Art Competition announced it winners on Friday. Congratulations to Bulldogs Cynamon Jenrette for winning Third Place in the Sophomore grade category for her Photograph “Falling Springs” and Krystianna Hunt for winning First Place in the Senior Grade Category for her mixed media piece “The Unspoken”! Their work was selected out of over 900 entries to the competition!! View all of the winning artwork at https://www.facebook.com/pg/PurdueRueffGalleries/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1668538926510697.
- Georgetown PTA 12th annual Santa’s Workshop at Georgetown Elementary School needs volunteers on 12/9/17, 9:00 am-12:00 pm. See attachment for information.
- WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) will be doing a gloves, scarf, and hat (toboggan) drive for the December 15th basketball game. We greatly appreciate your assistance in helping us spread joy to our students! At each ticket table there will be boxes where you can drop off your items. Bringing in an item will not get you a discount on your ticket. ONCE A BULLDOG ALWAYS A BULLDOG! Thanks for helping us to bless our students!
- New Scholarship information in the attachments from Mrs. McGuirk.
NAHS EVENTS/ADDITIONAL INFO:
- To all Bulldog Scholars, we will have two final exam study sessions next week, Tuesday, 12/12/17 and Thursday, 12/14/17. We will meet in B204 from 2:30 to 4:00. There will be snacks. Bring your study materials.
- A reminder to Math Team members that we have a test today after school in Mrs. Minton’s room. If you cannot attend today, please see Mrs. Minton ASAP!
- Students, you are expected to leave the building each day at dismissal, unless you are under the supervision of a teacher/coach/staff member. If you are waiting for a ride, you should do so at door 1. You should not be anywhere else in the building, without supervision.
- For $1 only, you can hire a student dressed like Kris Kringle himself to deliver a holiday treat and message to someone special! All proceeds will go toward the NA Dance Marathon, which will raise thousands for Riley Children’ Hospital! Sales have already started and will end on December 7th.
- The Winter Food Drive has begun and will end on Tuesday, December 12th! Bring in non-perishable items to your first period teacher. The first period teacher with the most items collected will win a breakfast celebration!
- ATTENTION ALL JUNIORS: If you are a Clark County resident, you may apply for this awesome opportunity to go to Washington D.C. The flyer is attached above. There is a deadline, so apply NOW!
- Indiana’s 38 electric cooperatives are accepting applications from high school students for the Indiana Electric Cooperative Page Day program. The Electric Cooperative Page Days are held in Indianapolis at the Indiana Statehouse. Page Day is an interactive, educational experience that allows students the opportunity to learn about the daily activities that take place in the Statehouse during the legislative session. All applicants must be high school students and have adequate transportation to and from the Statehouse. The application deadline is Jan. 22 (for Wednesday, Jan. 31) or Jan. 29 (for Wednesday, Feb. 1). See attachments.
- Did you know: NAHS has a clothing closet stocked with clothes, shoes, socks, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc? Also, if your family is in need of food we can provide a box of non-perishable items to your family. If you or someone you know needs food, clothes, or personal hygiene products please see Mrs. Nolan or your counselor.
- New Albany-Floyd County School District’s 23rd Annual Martin Luther King Dinner is scheduled for Tuesday, January 9, 2018. Please come and celebrate with us. Tickets are $15 for adults and our students are free. See the attached flyer for information and how to order tickets.
- The Prosser Open House will be Thursday, January 18, 2018 from 5:30-7:30pm. Attached is the information for the event.
Saturday, December 2 will be our first home Boys basketball game and kickoff our Dunks for Blessings Fundraiser. For every basketball DUNK Todd Coleman’s Classic Furniture will make a $100 generous donation to Blessings in a Backpack! Please see the attached letter, if interested, or email Luke Kaiser at email@example.com
- This week is SPIRIT WEEK!! Themes are: Wednesday: Christmas/pajamas, Thursday: Throwback and Friday: Red Out!
- To JV and Varsity Girls Soccer team members from the Athletic Department: The Girls Soccer banquet will be held on Wednesday, December 13th at 7:00 pm in the NAHS cafeteria. Banquet information sheets can be picked up in the athletic office from Ms. Stephens or from the main office.
- Our next PTO meeting will be on Tuesday, January 16 at 6:00 p.m. at the Griffin Rec Center. This will be an especially important meeting for anyone who wants to be a part of our After Prom! E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Please join the PTO!! There are so many benefits for all. https://donorbox.org/nahs-pto-membership
- Help support our NAHS PTO by enrolling in Kroger Rewards! Every time you shop, we earn money! Enrollment will work the same way as the past. You can sign up on www.kroger.com or call 1-800-
KROGERS, option 3. Be sure to choose NEW ALBANY PTO!
- Boys/Girls Swimming versus Seymour 6:00 PM Home
Fans, remember to know and demonstrate the fundamentals of sportsmanship at all events. Stimulate desired crowd response using only positive cheers, signs and praise without antagonizing or demeaning opponents (http://www.ihsaa.org/MembershipServices/Sportsmanship.aspx).