During Lunch M-F, C104 w/classmates, peer tutors
After School M-TH., 2:30-3:30, A202 w/peer tutors
+ individual teachers offer before/after school options
- Last evening the Boys Swimming team opened their dual meet season by hosting a triple dual meet against North Harrison, Silver Creek and Scottsburg. NA defeated North Harrison 51 to 47; Silver Creek 77 to 18; and Scottsburg 73-24. Individuals winning their individual events were: Sr. Duncan Manger- 200FREE and 100 FREE; Sr. Seth Byrnes- 500 FREE; FR Gavin Hether- 1 meter diving; and Sr. Dylan Robinson- 100 BREASTSTROKE. Coach Vigar would like to congratulate all swimmers on an outstanding performance. The team will host Seymour on Tuesday December 5 at 6 pm.
- The NJROTC Military Ball is this Saturday the 2nd of December. Cadets and guests are reminded that doors will open at 7:00 pm and the event will end promptly at 11:00pm. Guidelines for uniforms and proper civilian attire will be strictly enforced.
- The Wrestling team won the dual against Tell city on Wednesday night 42-30 and wrestled very well. We have conference this evening at Floyd Central and Saturday at Jeffersonville so please come out
- Any student who has taken part in Community Service of any type this school year, please submit a description of the service, along with your full name, to Mrs. Lacy in the main office. We will begin posting students’ pictures and their community service involvement on the board across from the health office. You can also e-mail the description and your name to Dr. Ginkins at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We look forward to filling the board!
- Georgetown PTA 12th annual Santa’s Workshop at Georgetown Elementary School needs volunteers on 12/9/17, 9:00 am-12:00 pm. See attachment for information.
- WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT! The Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) will be doing a gloves, scarf, and hat (toboggan) drive for the December 15th basketball game. We greatly appreciate your assistance in helping us spread joy to our students! At each ticket table there will be boxes where you can drop off your items. Bringing in an item will not get you a discount on your ticket. ONCE A BULLDOG ALWAYS A BULLDOG! Thanks for helping us to bless our students!
- Any student interested may apply for the Hickerson Award, which is attached above. The instructions inform you where to turn it in to.
- ATTENTION ALL JUNIORS: If you are a Clark County resident, you may apply for this awesome opportunity to go to Washington D.C. The flyer is attached above. There is a deadline, so apply NOW!
NAHS EVENTS/ADDITIONAL INFO:
- For $1 only, you can hire a student dressed like Kris Kringle himself to deliver a holiday treat and message to someone special! All proceeds will go toward the NA Dance Marathon, which will raise thousands for Riley Children’ Hospital! Sales have already started and will end on December 7th.
- The deadline to submit senior yearbook recognition ads (baby ads) is today. See attached forms for more information.
- Lost & found items will be donated on Monday, December 4. If you have lost an item, please stop by the main office to check for it.
- The Winter Food Drive has begun and will end on Tuesday, December 12th! Bring in non-perishable items to your first period teacher. The first period teacher with the most items collected will win a breakfast celebration!
- Indiana’s 38 electric cooperatives are accepting applications from high school students for the Indiana Electric Cooperative Page Day program. The Electric Cooperative Page Days are held in Indianapolis at the Indiana Statehouse. Page Day is an interactive, educational experience that allows students the opportunity to learn about the daily activities that take place in the Statehouse during the legislative session. All applicants must be high school students and have adequate transportation to and from the Statehouse. The application deadline is Jan. 22 (for Wednesday, Jan. 31) or Jan. 29 (for Wednesday, Feb. 1). See attachments.
- Did you know: NAHS has a clothing closet stocked with clothes, shoes, socks, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc? Also, if your family is in need of food we can provide a box of non-perishable items to your family. If you or someone you know needs food, clothes, or personal hygiene products please see Mrs. Nolan or your counselor.
- The Derby Hacks team at the University of Louisville would like to invite you to our second annual Local Hack Day! Local Hack Day is a FREE 12 hour mini-hackathon for high school students, where you can learn about computer science, exploring topics such as Arduino, Python, and Java. No experience is necessary but we do ask that you please bring a laptop with you. The event will be held on Saturday, December 2, from 9AM – 9PM, on campus at the Duthie Center for Engineering. All meals will be provided, and there will be door prizes at the event! Up to 40 participants will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis, so sign up with the link below as soon as possible! Additional information can be found on the flyer attached to this email.
- The Prosser Open House will be Thursday, January 18, 2018 from 5:30-7:30pm. Attached is the information for the event.
Saturday, December 2 will be our first home Boys basketball game and kickoff our Dunks for Blessings Fundraiser. For every basketball DUNK Todd Coleman’s Classic Furniture will make a $100 generous donation to Blessings in a Backpack! Please see the attached letter, if interested, or email Luke Kaiser at email@example.com
- Georgetown Elementary Holiday Bazaar/Craft show is tomorrow. See attachment.
- New Albany vs Floyd Central -Friday December 8th away — student tickets ONLY will be on sale today. ( Tickets are 5.00 Dollars ) – see Mr. Breeding.
- Tomorrow will be our first home Boys Basketball game and kickoff for Dunks for Blessings Fundraiser. For every basketball DUNK Todd Coleman’s Classic Furniture will make a $100 generous donation to Blessings in a Backpack!
- To JV and Varsity Girls Soccer team members from the Athletic Department: The Girls Soccer banquet will be held on Wednesday, December 13th at 7:00 pm in the NAHS cafeteria. Banquet information sheets can be picked up in the athletic office from Ms. Stephens or from the main office.
- The Football banquet will be this Sunday, December 3rd from 4:00-6:00pm at New Albany High School Cafeteria. This is for all 9th grade through Varsity football players. Any questions see Coach Cooley in the weight room.
- The Annual Teacher/Staff Appreciation Dessert Extravaganza is on Tuesday, Dec. 5. Please help the PTO by donating an item. This is the link to sign up: Please make a donation for the Annual Teacher/Staff Appreciation Dessert Extravaganza on Dec. 5. Here is the link:
- Our next PTO meeting will be on Tuesday, January 16 at 6:00 p.m. at the Griffin Rec Center. This will be an especially important meeting for anyone who wants to be a part of our After Prom! E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
- Please join the PTO!! There are so many benefits for all. https://donorbox.org/nahs-pto-membership
- Help support our NAHS PTO by enrolling in Kroger Rewards! Every time you shop, we earn money! Enrollment will work the same way as the past. You can sign up on www.kroger.com or call 1-800-
KROGERS, option 3. Be sure to choose NEW ALBANY PTO!
- Boys Wrestling versus FC HHC Duals @ FC 4:00 PM Away
- Girls JV/Varsity Basketball versus Bedford N. Lawrence 12:00/1:30 PM Home
- Boys JV/Varsity Basketball versus Evansville Harrison 6:30/8:00 PM Home
Fans, remember to know and demonstrate the fundamentals of sportsmanship at all events. Stimulate desired crowd response using only positive cheers, signs and praise without antagonizing or demeaning opponents (http://www.ihsaa.org/MembershipServices/Sportsmanship.aspx).