Rose-Hulman Homework Hotline-help you with your math and science questions, FREE service with tutors available Sundays – Thursdays, 7:00 pm – 10:00 pm (ET). Call a tutor at 877-Ask-Rose (877-275-7673) or chat with a tutor at AskRose.org or e-mail by visiting AskRose.org at any time and they will respond during operating hours.
- Students: On Tuesday, April 17, the PTO will have ice cream treats for those who earned a Success Card for the third grading period! Bring your card with you to lunch. Cards will be distributed in first period today or tomorrow.
- “Congratulations to NAHS orchestras for outstanding performances at the ISSMA large ensemble competition this past Friday. Both orchestras received gold ratings and earned distinguished ratings on sight reading.”
- “Congratulations to the NAHS choirs for their fantastic performances at the ISSMA large ensemble competition this past Saturday. This was the first time the choirs have participated in this event in over 10 years. The Camerata Singers received silver ratings from performance judges and a gold in sight reading. The A Cappella Singers received a gold rating overall, also with a gold in sight reading.”
- Attention seniors… Ms. McGuirk has a new scholarship list.
- Attention seniors… if you have received a college or organization scholarship, enlisted in the military, or an Eagle Scout or Gold Award recipient, please notify Ms. McGuirk. We want to recognize you at Class Night on May 23 and put the information on WNAS.
NAHS EVENTS/ADDITIONAL INFO:
- Seniors – Cap & Gown delivery is scheduled for Wednesday, April 25 during lunch. Please go by the Jostens table near Door 1 during your lunch period. Jostens will mail a postcard to your home which shows the amount you still owe. Final payment is due on April 25. No checks or credit cards will be accepted. You must have a Jostens cap, gown, and tassel to participate in Baccalaureate, Class Night, & Graduation.
- The New Albany Dance Marathon is getting closer! All students who want to participate, please see Ms. Lewis on Tuesday, April 17 either during school or in a ten-minute meeting after school.
- The permission slips for the Green Dot Bystander training are due back today. Please see Ms. Trulock-Jones if you should have any questions.
- Attention all students: Computer Lab B212 will be open after school each day, through the end of the school year, for all students needing to complete credit recovery courses. The lab will be open each day from 2:30-3:15.
- Attention all students, grades 9-11. Be a Better Bulldog applications are now available in the main office, at Ms. Trulock-Jones’ desk. If you are interested in being a BBB leader for the 2018-2019 school year, please grab one and fill it out. This is a great way to have a positive impact on your school and a way to help shape future bulldogs. Applications are due to Mr. Apple by Friday, April 20. If you have any questions, contact Mr. Apple.
- Frisch’s on Hausfeldt Ln. in New Albany is hiring all positions, starting pay $9.00. You can apply via their website “our team” tab.
- Junior and Senior – Please open your email and reply to the Google Forms that was created for prom songs. Please keep in mind that whatever song that you request will be the RADIO EDIT VERSION of that song. Please complete the survey as soon as possible.
Please also remember these key requirements to attend PROM:
You MUST have NO unexcused absences from March 12 thru April 27.
You MUST be in attendance all day on April 27.
You MUST be passing all of your classes, but one and you may have NO zeros on assignments in that class
You MAY have NO attendance issues (excessive full day absences, sign in/sign outs, tardies, truancies).
We recommend that you monitor your attendance and grades DAILY so that you remain Prom eligible. Do not wait until the last minute to attempt to fix issues.
Tickets are $30 per ticket and will be on sale April 23 and 24th. Please see Ms. Givens or Ms. Trulock-Jones, if you should have any questions.
Prom is April 28th at Mellwood Arts Center from 7:30pm – 10:30pm.
- Reminder to all Bulldog Scholars-You are expected to have lunch in the lunch tutoring room any time you need assistance with coursework and, specifically, if you have a D or F. Do not forget to sign in, bring homework/study materials, and ask for assistance!
- Check out the following link for additional information on our IB Programme. Talk to your counselor to be directed to additional information.
NAHS IB Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZnHngPJaR4#action=share
- Students, when you receive your SAT results, make sure you take advantage of linking your results to Khan Academy for individualized practice. Here is a short video with the 3 steps you must take to link them: linking their College Board and Khan Academy online accounts and unlocking their free, personalized SAT study plan.
Research shows that studying on Official SAT Practice for 20 hours is associated with an average score gain of 115 points from the PSAT/NMSQT to the SAT—nearly double the average score gain compared to students who don’t use Khan Academy. See your counselor if you have any questions.
- Did you know: NAHS has a clothing closet stocked with clothes, shoes, socks, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, deodorant, etc? Also, if your family is in need of food we can provide a box of non-perishable items to your family. If you or someone you know needs food, clothes, or personal hygiene products please see Mrs. Nolan or your counselor.
- Attention all Juniors: there are NEW shot requirements for next school year! You will need to have 2 doses of the hepatitis A vaccine as well as 2 doses of the meningitis vaccine (MCV4). Please make sure you have all of those required vaccines for the start of next school year!! If you have any questions or concerns please stop by the health office for more information.
- Students, you can nominate one teacher per month for Teacher of the Month via the following link. You have to be signed into your school e-mail account to access the link. There will also be hard copies of the form in the main office. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd32ln4QONm5n8i0OQfJMtjX0zWc6x5gOiTemZ2cm2QNdlT0Q/viewform?usp=sf_link
- We would appreciate your help for Teacher/Staff Appreciation Week. Go to the link to sign up.
- See all the information in the attached flyers for Prom and After Prom details.
We need volunteers to sign up to help with various After Prom activities.
Ticket Sales: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/904054baaa92fa75-after3
After Prom Event: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/904054BAAA92FA75-after5
Also looking for sophomore parent(s) to chair the After Prom committee for next year’s event. Email AfterPromNAHS@gmail.com if interested.
- Please join the PTO!! There are so many benefits for all. https://donorbox.org/nahs-pto-membership
- Help support our NAHS PTO by enrolling in Kroger Rewards! Every time you shop, we earn money! Enrollment will work the same way as the past. You can sign up on www.kroger.com or call 1-800-
KROGERS, option 3. Be sure to choose NEW ALBANY PTO!
- The City of New Albany is looking for volunteers for our 3rd Annual Neighborhood Beautification Day on April 21st from 8:00am to 12:00pm. Volunteers will meet Bicentennial Park at 8:00am and go to the check-in table. Shirts, snacks, water, and all necessary tools/materials will be provided. Team sign-ups and waiver forms are attached to this e-mail. http://newalbanycityhall.com/events/2018/4/21/neighborhood-beautification-day
- CHANGE OF DATE/TIME FOR COURTYARD WORKDAY DUE TO IMPENDING WEATHER
SMS Courtyard Volunteer Opportunity:
NEW DATE: Thursday, April 26th
4pm – 6pm
Scribner Middle School
Students and parents are invited to help get our beautiful courtyard ready for Spring. We will bring in bags of mulch to spread and fill in with existing mulch as well as trim back any flowers/plants in need to prepare for new growth. Certificates for volunteer/community service hours will be provided to students by request. Please consider giving an hour or two of your time! Bring garden gloves, if you have some!
Contact Candace Lopp at email@example.com with questions or to rsvp.
Any student who has taken part in Community Service of any type this school year, please submit a description of the service, along with your full name, to Mrs. Lacy in the main office. We will begin posting students’ pictures and their community service involvement on the board across from the health office. You can also e-mail the description and your name to Dr. Ginkins at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We look forward to filling the board!
- Please see the attached poster about Ivy Tech’s big event that the Admissions folks are hosting on our campus on Thursday, April 19th from 6:00-8:00. This event is a part of Ivy Tech’s statewide High School Event Day. We are calling it: College 101: A night for High School Students and Parents.
- Pollinator Day is a free, family-friendly event packed with hands-on activities for all ages. It will be hosted by the Purdue Extension Floyd County at the Purdue Research Park at 3000 Technology Ave., New Albany, IN on April 28th from 10:00 am-3:00 pm. Gina Anderson 812-948-5470. email@example.com
SUMMER & OTHER PROGRAMS:
- Bellarmine Career Exploration Day in Business- Saturday, 4/28/18. Help high school students explore career opportunities with business degrees – finance, economics, accounting, and business administration. Explore business career opportunities and hear first-hand experience from professionals. Come for your chance at a $1,000 scholarship! Contact Kimberly Cyrus at firstname.lastname@example.org or 502-272-7240. RSVP for the event at tinyurl.com/RubelOpenHouse.
- Scholarship and standard applications have just opened up for Camp Cardiac Louisville & Camp Neuro Louisville 2018! Camp Cardiac & Camp Neuro, run by medical students in over 30 cities nationwide, are 1-week summer day camps for high school students interested in exploring careers in medicine. Students may learn more and apply by visiting http://www.campcardiac.org and http://www.campneuro.org.
- Attention anyone interested in playing football in the fall, open field is every Monday from 6-8 pm on the game field. Hope to see you this evening.
- Boys Golf versus Madison/FC @ Valley View 4:45 PM Away
- Boys JV Baseball versus Pleasure Ridge Park 5:30 PM Away
- Girls Softball versus Charlestown 5:30 PM Away
Fans, remember to know and demonstrate the fundamentals of sportsmanship at all events. Stimulate desired crowd response using only positive cheers, signs and praise without antagonizing or demeaning opponents (http://www.ihsaa.org/MembershipServices/Sportsmanship.aspx).