NAHS MORNING ANNOUNCEMENTS __________________ 4/19/2017
Good Morning Bulldogs! It is Wednesday, April 18, 2017
Please stand, face the American Flag, we will recite the Pledge of Allegiance followed by a Moment of Silence NJROTC Cadet Shelby Walton will lead the Pledge of Allegiance today.
“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
Before School M-F, 7-7:35, C311 w/Ms. Rittenhouse
During Lunch M-F, C104 w/classmates, peer tutors
After School M-TH., 2:30-3:30, A202 w/peer tutors
+ individual teachers offer before/after school options
- Any student who has taken part in Community Service of any type this school year, please submit a description of the service, along with your full name, to Mrs. Lacy in the main office. We will begin posting students’ pictures and their community service involvement on the board across from the health office. You can also e-mail the description and your name to Dr. Ginkins at firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to filling the board!
- Today is the day to visit Zesto and Chillers for treats as they will donate 20% of sales to the Jacob Trulock Scholarship Fund. You do not need to bring the flyer with you, just mention the JT Scholarship. The Jeffersonville location has been added.
- Marching Bulldogs: Registration forms are due TODAY. Be sure to drop off your registration forms to Mr. Esarey in the band room before the end of the day.
- The 2017 Rotary Banquet is tomorrow in the IUS Hoosier Room at 6:00pm. All Rotary Scholars are expected to attend.
Emily Ayres, Samantha Bearden, Collin Boutin, Nathan Brewer, Rose Ellen Brown, Heli Butala, Christina Byrd, Wyatt Campbell, Sydney Corbett, Kylie Crawford, Joshua Davis, Brooklyn Duffy, Michelle Flora, Cassidy Gibson, Emily Hawkins, Alex Henderson, Elijah Higgins, Kelsey Humphrey, Brandon Hutton, Olivia Jansen, Laura Johnson, Nathan Johnson, Alyssa Kane, Sophia Kimbell, Tarah Lancaster, Collin Li, Nicole Lods, Peyton Martin, Samuel Meyer, Carolina Moran Ramirez, Jacob Mullins, Olivia Nash, Lucie Price, Jacob Prince, Rohan Reddy, Jillian Renner, Kathryn Santos, Olivia Stratton, Madison Thomas, Madelyn Weber, Katherine West, Grace Winternheimer, Emily Yellina.
- Students were eligible for the 3rd quarter TRT (The Right Thing) Award drawing if they achieved one or more of the following for the 3rd 9 weeks: 0 discipline, 0 period tardies, 100% attendance, 2.5 or higher GPA, 96% attendance, Attended tutoring, Made the honor roll, and No D’s or F’s.
These students should stop by the office to claim their award: Becker, John, Bedell, Allison, Casey, Anthony, Constantine, Ryan, Craig, Lillian, Duffy, Brooklyn, Duncan, Tayshaun, Eger, Madison, Elston, Michael, Harvey, Erin, Holderman, Bren, Johnson, Alvina, Kinderman, Sarah, Knable, Harrison, Koch, Jazmine, Mayo-Reifsnyder, Trenton, Mitchell, Kyla, Nash, Samuel, Neeley, Kyle, Nicolas, Caley, Quinn, Lucinda, Schrink, Brooklyn, Stanfield, Classique, and Warren, Christina.
- In support of the Georgetown Lions Club “Kids Helping Kids” Project, the Lions Club is asking students to donate toys, games, gadgets, and other items in good condition to be collected the week of April 24-28. Yellow collection boxes will be in the main office. Please see the attachment for additional information.
- See Mrs. Faulkner in B305 or a yearbook staff member for an order form. You can also order online at jostens.com. Not sure if you have ordered a book? Check out the attachment for a current list of buyers. Yearbook order deadline is May 1st.
- The Science Department will be awarding the Outstanding Senior Award again this year. Applications are available in the senior loft from Mrs. McGuirk. They are due back to Mrs. McGuirk by May 3rd.
- The “Relay for Life” Team is having their Annual Yard Sale at NAHS this Saturday.
Each dollar raised is a closer step to conquering cancer………..
- The PTO will be back in the cafeteria today taking orders for the After Prom t-shirts. They are
$10 – Cash Only
- Seniors please respond to the emails about the Senior Fun Day and the Prom song questionnaire.
- Seniors….Prom Tickets are on SALE Monday, April 24th and Tuesday, April 25th. The tickets are $30.00 per ticket. We will only accept credit card or CASH.
- All theatre students not in classes with Ms. Harpenau or Mr. Shofner need to come to Ms. Harpenau’s room by today at 2:30PM to update their thespian roster for our yearly Initiation Banquet. Invitations will go out next week. Thespian Initiation will be on Sunday, May 21st.
- Class of 2017: Jostens will be here during lunch on Wednesday, April 26 with cap & gown delivery. Your final payment is due on April 26. No checks will be accepted. Jostens will mail home a postcard letting you know how much you owe – watch for it in the next week or so. Please see the attachment with additional senior information.
- See the attachment for information about the After Prom Bayou Bash from 11:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
- Juniors and Seniors, look at the attachment in regards to Entrepreneurship. All information must be turned in by April 24, 2017. This program is very inexpensive as well.
- SAT Practice Resources: The College Board’s test developers and the online learning experts at Khan Academy worked together to bring you Official SAT Practice. Don’t miss out on these practice tools:
- Personalized recommendations for practice on the skills you need the most help with thousands of questions, reviewed and approved by the people who develop the SAT.
- Video lessons that explain problems step-by-step.
- Full-length practice tests.
Check out the following links for information on starting an account to link the practice resources to your PSAT or SAT scores- https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/practice/khan-academy.
- Each day, see if you can find the hidden bulldog within the announcements. Some days it will be there, some days it will not. If you find it, write your name, the date, and the part of the announcements in which you found it on a slip of paper. Place your slip in the box in the main office by Ms. Lacy’s desk. There will be random drawings for prizes.
- Girls Varsity Tennis against Jeffersonville 4:30 PM Home
- Boys JV Baseball against Charlestown (DH) 5:00 PM Away
- Boys Varsity Baseball against Jeffersonville 7:00 PM Away
- Fans, remember to know and demonstrate the fundamentals of sportsmanship at all events. Stimulate desired crowd response using only positive cheers, signs and praise without antagonizing or demeaning opponents (http://www.ihsaa.org/MembershipServices/Sportsmanship.aspx).
Post expires at 8:00am on Wednesday April 26th, 2017