NAHS MORNING ANNOUNCEMENTS __________________ 4/17/2017
Good Morning Bulldogs! It is Monday, April 17, 2017
Please stand, face the American Flag, we will recite the Pledge of Allegiance followed by a Moment of Silence NJROTC Cadet Michael Garvin will lead the Pledge of Allegiance today.
“I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”
Before School M-F, 7-7:35, C311 w/Ms. Rittenhouse
During Lunch M-F, C104 w/classmates, peer tutors
After School M-TH., 2:30-3:30, A202 w/peer tutors
+ individual teachers offer before/after school options
- Any student who has taken part in Community Service of any type this school year, please submit a description of the service, along with your full name, to Mrs. Lacy in the main office. We will begin posting students’ pictures and their community service involvement on the board across from the health office. You can also e-mail the description and your name to Dr. Ginkins at firstname.lastname@example.org . We look forward to filling the board!
- Students, remember to check the Community Service board, across from the Health Office, for Community Service opportunities.
- See Mrs. Faulkner in B305 or a yearbook staff member for an order form. You can also order online at jostens.com. Not sure if you have ordered a book? Check out the attachment for a current list of buyers. Yearbook order deadline is May 1st.
- The “Relay for Life” Team is having their Annual Yard Sale at NAHS this Saturday.
Each dollar raised is a closer step to conquering cancer………..
- Parents, please review the attached documents and JOIN THE PTO (information in “PTO Membership Brochure” attachment). We would love for everyone to join us!!
- Please join us for our next PTO meeting on Tuesday, April 18 at 6:00 p.m. in room B-204! We will be taking officer nominations for the 2017/18 school year. We hope to see you there!
- The PTO will be back in the cafeteria on Wednesday taking orders for the After Prom t-shirts. They are
$10 – Cash Only
- Seniors….Prom Tickets are on SALE Monday April 24 and Tuesday April 25. The tickets are $30.00 per ticket. We will only accept credit card or CASH.
- All theatre students not in classes with Ms. Harpenau or Mr. Shofner need to come to Ms. Harpenau’s room by Wednesday, April 19th at 2:30PM to update their thespian roster for our yearly Initiation Banquet. Invitations will go out next week. Thespian Initiation will be on Sunday, May 21st.
- Class of 2017: Jostens will be here during lunch on Wednesday, April 26 with cap & gown delivery. Your final payment is due on April 26. No checks will be accepted. Jostens will mail home a postcard letting you know how much you owe – watch for it in the next week or so. Please see the attachment with additional senior information.
- Mark your calendar for April 19th!! Visit Zesto and Chillers for treats on that day and they will donate 20% of sales to the Jacob Trulock Scholarship Fund. You must bring the attached flyer at time of purchase. ** Jeffersonville location has been added.
- See the attachment for information about the After Prom Bayou Bash from 11:00 PM until 2:00 AM.
- Juniors and Seniors, look at the attachment above in regards to Entrepreneurship. All information must be turned in by April 24, 2017. This program is very inexpensive as well.
- SAT Practice Resources: The College Board’s test developers and the online learning experts at Khan Academy worked together to bring you Official SAT Practice. Don’t miss out on these practice tools:
- Personalized recommendations for practice on the skills you need the most help with thousands of questions, reviewed and approved by the people who develop the SAT.
- Video lessons that explain problems step-by-step.
- Full-length practice tests.
Check out the following links for information on starting an account to link the practice resources to your PSAT or SAT scores- https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/sat/practice/khan-academy.
- Each day, see if you can find the hidden bulldog within the announcements. Some days it will be there, some days it will not. If you find it, write your name, the date, and the part of the announcements in which you found it on a slip of paper. Place your slip in the box in the main office by Ms. Lacy’s desk. There will be random drawings for prizes.
- Boys Varsity Golf against Madison/FC @ Valley View 4:45 PM Away
- Boys Varsity Baseball against Southern HS 5:00 PM Home
- Girls Varsity Softball against Charlestown 5:30 PM Home
- Boys JV Baseball against Southern HS 7:00 PM Away
- Fans, remember to know and demonstrate the fundamentals of sportsmanship at all events. Stimulate desired crowd response using only positive cheers, signs and praise without antagonizing or demeaning opponents (http://www.ihsaa.org/MembershipServices/Sportsmanship.aspx).
Post expires at 8:00am on Monday April 24th, 2017